Congress was debating the bailout, CODEPINK
was on the front lines in the halls of Congress, the streets of Wall Street
and the front steps of the Treasury Department saying “Bail
out Main Street, not Wall Street.” As outlined in our mission statement,
CODEPINK works to create a world of peace. This includes ending war, of
course, but also includes a government that does not bail out failed, greed-based
corporations and instead funds universal health care, public schools,
green jobs, and the rebuilding of the country's infrastructure we so
See our recent actions:
- CODEPINK makes an appearance at Larry Summers' talk, April 9 at DC's Economic Club
- Coverage from Politico and Huffington Post
- CODEPINK's statement to explain the action here
- Don't miss Medea Benjamin's behind-the-scenes account of the action
April 8 on stage behind Goldman Sachs CEO Blankfein, when he spoke at
an Institutional Investors Conference, on Huffington Post here (described on Fox Business and The Daily Beast) + an interview on Fox Business' "Happy Hour" here.
- CODEPINK at AIG hearings in Congress!
- See more coverage of our actions updated daily in our Press Room
We continue with our Main Street actions these past few weeks, in response to
gross banker bonuses, Treasury Secretary Geithner's major mishaps and
continued corporate bail-outs, all on the taxypayer's tab.
Through our recent actions, we've represented the voice of American
people calling for bail-outs for small
businesses, homeowners, students, people without health care, and
people in Iraq and Afghanistan devastated by war.